Board of Education
· Through analysis of student data from data sources such as state tests, benchmark assessments, and other educational tools; develop goals and action plans to give our students the best potential to move forward academically to meet or exceed state mandates.
· During the 2013-2014 school year, our district will follow the state’s mandate to transition to a new educator evaluation system. We will continue to work through outlined capacity building milestones.
· Work with the NJDOE, NJEA, and NAEA to continue to develop our professional development plan aligned with next phase requirements outlined by the state.
continue to work to complete all improvements at the Rip Collins Athletic
· To continue to explore possible ways to bring more special education students back to district from out-of-district placements in the future to educate these students in their own community and produce a cost savings to the district and community.
· To develop a BOE Professional Development plan in accordance with the New Jersey Quality Accountability Continuum.
· To continue to explore the possibilities of alternative energy resources and planning to help reduce utility costs and support other district initiatives.
· BOE representation at School Boards Conference to share any pertinent information with other members of the BOE team.
· Attendance at yearly BOE member trainings given by the NJSBA.
· Review information shared by the Superintendent regarding proposed bills, laws passed, and other educational information.